Screening Hearing Tests
A screening test is to identify if there is a possible hearing problem or not. No diagnosis can be made with these tests.
We do the following:
- Newborn hearing screening.
- Hearing screenings at schools.
- Industrial baseline and follow-up screening.
Diagnostic Hearing Tests
Diagnostic hearing tests are in-depth tests which we perform to identify the degree and cause of hearing loss. These tests can be done on children and adults (Please note that we do not see children between 1 and 5 years of age – we can refer you to an Audiologist who can assist). Diagnostic testing also helps us, as Audiologists, to make the best decisions regarding the course of action for the patients, such as:
- Referral to an Ear- Nose & Throat Specialist
- Recommendation of the appropriate listening device such as hearing aids or FM systems
- Referral for alternative diagnostic testing , such as ABR in the case of babies
- Industrial Diagnostic testing and recommendations for WCA claims